Prince and Princess
- Year: 2000
- Material: Porcelain, silicone rubber
- Dimensions: Prince: 30 x Ø 29 cm, Princess: 33 x Ø 24 cm
- Commission: Initiated by the designer
- Production: Jongeriuslab
- Category: Limited edition
- Collection: Stedelijk Museum ‘s Hertogenbosch, collection of the designer
Traditional patterns found on Ming vases from the archives of Museum Het Princessehof in Leeuwarden are combined with the age-old ‘underglaze’ technique (where paint is applied to the unfired clay and covered with a transparent glaze) and translated into a modern version: a perforated ceramic skin and embroidery of silicone rubber.
Developed during a period of work at the EKWC.