Long Neck and Groove Bottles
- Year: 2000
- Material: Porcelain, glass, plastic tape
- Dimensions: Long Neck Bottle: 50 x Ø 14 cm. Groove Bottle: 44 x Ø 18 cm
- Commission: Initiated by the designer
- Production: Jongeriuslab
- Category: Unlimited production
- Collection: Stedelijk Museum ‘s Hertogenbosch, Gemeentemuseum Den Haag, Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam, FNAC, Puteaux, Centraal Museum, Utrecht, Indianapolis Museum of Art, Gallery Moss New York, Instituut Collectie Nederland, Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen, Rotterdam
Because glass and ceramics, two traditional materials, become respectively soft and hard at different temperatures, the two can never melt and fuse together. Therefore Jongerius chose to link them with a common type of tape, used for the packaging of fragile objects. The usual hierarchy is reversed because a simple plastic tape has become the constructional device of each vase.
Developed during a period of work at the EKWC.