- Year: 1999
- Material: Wood, carbon fibre, foam or felt
- Dimensions: 72 x 57 x 65 cm
- Commission: Initiated by the designer
- Production: Jongeriuslab
- Category: Limited edition
- Collection: MoMA, New York, SFMoMA (Sheep + prototype Foam), Textielmuseum Tilburg, Centraal Museum, Utrecht, Galerie kreo, Paris, FRAC, Dunkerque, FNAC, Puteaux, private collectors, collection of the designer
The translation of an African prayer chair into a foldable wooden chair, produced with carbon fibre and foam or felt. Jongerius wanted to find a new, non-technical language for a high-tech material. In 2000 the Kasese Chair inspired another mix of high-tech and traditional materials: My Soft Office.
Felt design: Not Tom, Dick & Harry.