Big White Pot and Red White Vase
- Year: 1997
- Material: Porcelain, spray paint lacquer (Toyota red)
- Dimensions: Pot: 35 x Ø 28 cm, Vase: 41 x Ø 16 cm
- Commission: Initiated by the designer
- Production: Royal Tichelaar Makkum
- Category: Limited edition
- Collection: Stedelijk Museum ‘s Hertogenbosch, Cappellini Milan, FNAC, Puteaux, Musée de Rochechouart
A reinterpretation of history, the aura of the one-off versus the value of serial production, craft versus industry. The seams of the casting process refer to the production; at the same time these visible traces of the process can be considered unconventional decorations. In 1997, a bright red colour could no longer be used in ceramic glazes as the paint contains cadmium, which is toxic. This was one of the reasons behind the use of industrial spraypaint as an alternative.
Developed during a period of work at the EKWC.