- Year: 2012
- Material: Material: 95% Wool, 3% Nylon, 2% Rayon
- Dimensions: Dimensions: 140 cm wide
- Commission: Maharam, New York
- Production: Maharam
- Category: Industrial production
- Collection: FNAC - Fonds National d`Art Contemporain
Jongerius was inspired by sheep – specifically, three British breeds – and the natural colour variations in their wool in different seasons and varying light conditions. The fabric was developed with a mill in Scotland, using spun woolen yarns in a dense traditional dobby-weave that lends it a distinct homespun quality. The box draw splits the
warp into sections that can be individually manipulated, while the double weave allows certain yarns to come to the face while others are concealed. A knitted rayon accent yarn adds an occasional streak of lustre.
Hours is available in two colours, Day and Night.